Workshop Call – IBS 2019
The International Biogeography Society seeks proposals for workshops for the 2019 Biennial Conference, 8-12 January, 2019 in Malaga, Spain. Workshops are an exciting part of our meeting as they offer in-depth opportunities to learn about topics of biogeography while encouraging smaller group interactions and networking. Workshops can be either full or half-day in length and ideally would offer conference attendees opportunities to expand their knowledge in specific applications, topics, or opportunities for making connections.
Workshops are scheduled to be held on January 8, 2019 (Day 1) of the conference.
Workshops can be proposed for any topic, including those held in the past or new topics. Some past workshops are listed below:
- Spatial Analysis in Macroecology/Phylogenetic Analysis in Macroecology
- Species Distribution Modelling – R-package
- Communicating Biogeography
- Popular Science Writing
- Visualizing Evolution in Time and Space
- Biogeography of Stress
- Biodiversity Informatics
- Bayesian Statistical Analysis
- Integrating and cleaning biodiversity data
- Intro to Network Analysis
- Analyzing paleoecological data
Workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Name, institution and email of organizer(s). Please delegate a single organizer as the point of contact
- Title of workshop
- Workshop outline (< 600 words) including
- depth of knowledge needed by attendees/target audience
- level of detail of workshop
- Maximum number of people in workshop (if it needs capping)
- room/power requirements
The International Biogeography Society will provide the following financial support for workshop organizers chosen:
- $500 (USD) per half-day workshop
- $1000 (USD) per full day workshop
NOTE – above amounts are for the entire workshop, not per organizer, and assume that workshops have a minimum of 25 attendees
We welcome all interests/suggestions, however please note that as with the symposia, only a few workshops will be able to be chosen out of an unknown number of submissions. In the past, we have held 3 to 5 workshops maximum.
Submission and questions? Please send proposals for workshops by email to Pedro Peres-Neto (email@example.com), IBS VP for Conferences by April 20, 2018. We expect the workshop organizing committee will have a decision by May 20, 2018.