The International Biogeography Society seeks proposals for workshops for the 2021 Biennial Conference (8-12 January, 2021) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Workshops are an exciting part of our meeting as they offer in-depth opportunities to learn about topics of biogeography while encouraging smaller group interactions and networking. Workshops can be either full or half-day in length and are aimed to offer conference attendees opportunities to expand their knowledge in specific applications, topics, or opportunities for making connections. Submissions are particularly welcome that align with the symposia themes: Innovation and technology in Biogeography, Marine Biogeography, and Restoration and Conservation Biogeography.
Workshops are scheduled to be held on January 8, 2021 (Day 1) of the conference and room capacities are expected to hold around 40 people per workshop.
- Science Writing/Publishing workshops
- Modeling workshops
- Analyzing data workshops
Workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Name, institution and email of organizer(s). (Please delegate a single organizer as the point of contact)
- Title of workshop
- Whether it is a full day, or half-day workshop
- Outline (< 600 words) including
- depth of background knowledge needed by attendees/target audience
- level of detail of workshop
- room/power requirements
The International Biogeography Society will provide the following financial support for workshops chosen:
- $500 (USD) per half-day workshop
- $800 (USD) per full day workshop
NOTE – above amounts are for the entire workshop, not per organizer, and assume that workshops have a minimum of 25 attendees sign up.
We welcome all interests/suggestions, however please recognize that only 4-6 workshops will be able to be chosen out of an unknown number of submissions.
Submission and questions? Please contact us, and send proposals for workshops by email to email@example.com with the subject title “Vancouver Workshop Proposal” by April 30, 2020. We expect the workshop selection committee will have a decision by May 30, 2020.