The Governing Board of the International Biogeography Society is searching for a new Editor-In-Chief for Frontiers of Biogeography. Frontiers of Biogeography (FoB) is the scientific journal of the International Biogeography Society (IBS, www.biogeography.org), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promotion of and public understanding of the biogeographical sciences. The Editor-In-Chief will be appointed to a two-year term of service, with the possibility of renewal. Her/his primary responsibilities will be: 1) to steer the editorial direction of the journal (in collaboration with the Society); 2) to oversee the editorial board of the journal; 3) to oversee the review of submitted manuscripts; and 4) to raise the profile of the journal. The position is unpaid, but an ample budget exists to operate the journal and to defray associated travel costs. Inquiries regarding the positon should be directed to the search committee chair, Dov Sax firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals interested in applying for the position should submit a brief statement of intent and a CV to the chair of the search committee by March 31, 2019.
Frontiers of Biogeography (FoB) is the scientific journal of the International Biogeography Society (IBS, www.biogeography.org). The International Biogeography Society launched FoB to provide a forum for the publication of high quality, original research in biogeographical science, at affordable cost to researchers.
In a nutshell: FoB offers high editorial standards, a constructive and rapid review process, open access, swift peer review and low author costs.
- FoB offers a Gold-standard Open Access peer review journal, operated on a not-for-profit basis and published via the eScholarship (University of California) platform.
- FoB recently migrated to a newly enhanced platform including fully searchable text, social media interfaces, direct dissemination efforts to biogeographers and greatly enhanced visibility through the standard search engines.
- FoB is indexed in Scopus. While not yet indexed by Web of Knowledge, we expect to achieve this goal within the next two years.
- FoB publishes both primary research articles and a variety of other forms of article, consistent with the expanded array of article types and styles of contemporary science publishing.
- FoB offers a rigorous, fast, flexible and supportive review process and encourages submissions from all branches and schools of thought within biogeography.
- Article processing costs are currently approximately 1/10th of those for providing open access in other contexts, with lower fees for IBS members and waivers considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Full intellectual property rights are retained by the authors.
- The IBS highlights the work of early career scientists through society awards.